Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A strange day

This has been a strange day.Among other things , an unexpected short, swift shower soaked the city. Suddenly the oppressive heat and haze of the morning was no more. A cool breeze , cerulean skies with shreds of ice-grey clouds and clean green trees took over.
There's a dissatisfaction. A sense of something missing. A sense of something that cannot be quite grasped it seems.Not completely or even in parts.
There was an article in a magazine-about graveyards being paved over in Gujarat to lay roads.
Roads- yes, carrying people,back and forth-toward destinations of all sorts. What will they name the roads I wonder.Why that question? Perhaps because I can think of no other.Perhaps because my mind cannot grasp the enormity of some things. I feel nothing thinking of it.I probably should. But even as I wait for it to come- the shock, the outrage, anything. But there's nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment