Friday, January 6, 2012

2012

Source: here
The last few weeks of the past year were given over to various illnesses and end of the year stuff. So, a new year and a clean slate-well an almost clean slate. This is the time for new beginnings and wonderful new resolutions and standing at the beginning of a sparkling new year that is now about a week old, the thoughts of potential adventures , potential mistakes , potential victories and a whole bunch of other potentials have me excited.

This year also happens to be the first time that I'm entering a brand new year with no plans at all. I have always been one of those creatures that had a bunch of things that had to be achieved in a particular year. But now I think I may have finally learned to let go. I have decided that this year I will take each day as it comes. I will take lots of time for myself. I will indulge in all the things that interest me at any given time. I will live in the moment and travel wherever I can. I would also like to do something that makes me go weak at the knees. Hmm. Cliches they may be. But those really are the things I would like to do.

I think - and maybe this is the Indian/mystical new agey person in me talking- but opening one door is going to let in all sorts of other possibilities. And for an eternally restless, chronically dissatisfied person like me, the thought of possibilities is deeply comforting.

Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. Dig the picture and trust me, no plan is the best plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it? I actually googled the word 'possibilities' on google images. I'm doing that a lot these days...just googling images of words to see what people have done.

    About the plans... I'm beginning to learn that..wish that had been a lesson I'd picked up early on in life! :-)

    ReplyDelete